Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a user complaining that "If I have (say) two progs minimized in the taskbar, one or both progs will open onto the desktop (for no apparent reason) and then (40seconds or more) minimize itself back to the taskbar". He mostly works on another of our sites and only a couple days a week so I rarely see him which makes it difficult for me to get a look at the laptop.

 

Anyone have any ideas what's causing this?

 

Thanks.

Posted

Sometimes if Windows is loading or pauses and a user goes to open or minimise an application, I have seen this happen, but not on its own!

 

It could also be malware. It might be worth checking if there's anything in the Startup folder or the registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Posted

It could also be malware. It might be worth checking if there's anything in the Startup folder or the registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

 

And its per-user equivalent, HKCU\SOFTWARE\.......

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...