TronXP Posted February 25, 2009 Posted February 25, 2009 I currently have a Novell cluster with a SAN. I am messing around with Server 2008 and connecting it to the SAN also. I have added some new discs to the san, and made a new array. I then created a host group for the windows server and added the windows servers HBA to this and then mapped the drive. So far so good. Once in Server 2008 and disk management I can see the drive fine and the capcity matches up. However when I try to online the drive I get "incorrect function" error and nothing more. Have I missed something out??? I am a new to this Windows server stuff so don't be too harsh on me
SYNACK Posted February 25, 2009 Posted February 25, 2009 Have you initialized the disk in the drive managment console Figure 8 : How to connect Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista to an iSCSI Server
TronXP Posted February 25, 2009 Author Posted February 25, 2009 hi, its a FC SAN no iscsi, and the disc appears in the disc management but it is offline. and it won't online i get the error message. cheers
TronXP Posted February 25, 2009 Author Posted February 25, 2009 Ah figured it out, was a setting in the IBM storage manager!
vaibhavb Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 Hi TronXP, I am having the same issue with an IBM SAN. Can you please tell me what setting you changed to get it to work? Thanks, Vaibhav
TronXP Posted March 26, 2009 Author Posted March 26, 2009 All that I did, was in the Storage Manager I changed the Host type to Clustered (Supports DMP) originaly it was just clustered
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now