sidewinder Posted February 24, 2009 Posted February 24, 2009 This is quite an annoying problem. On my backup server, no MMC windows will open. I cant run anything, device manager, event viewer, nothing that uses MMC. It was a problem a while back but I kind of forgot about it as everything was working ok. Now however there seems to be something up with the SCSI card, may well just be the driver but I cant check because no MMC windows will open! Any ideas? It's really, really odd Also is there any way to look at the event logs without event viewer? Because I cant even see if anything is being logged when I attempt to open anything OS is Server 2003 Standard SP2
sidewinder Posted February 24, 2009 Author Posted February 24, 2009 Right well card seems to be working now so not so urgent, but it is something Id still like to get sorted for obvious reasons!
Michael Posted February 24, 2009 Posted February 24, 2009 What version of MMC are you running? You should be on version 3.0.
mac_shinobi Posted February 24, 2009 Posted February 24, 2009 if you use a client or another server that does not have these issues and right click on my computer --> manage right click on where it says my computer ( Local ) and click on connect to .... and enter the netbios name or ip address of the server and check the event viewer of the backup server that way maybe Just so that you can see what the issue is with it and go from there. 1
sidewinder Posted February 26, 2009 Author Posted February 26, 2009 What version of MMC are you running? You should be on version 3.0. I'll have to check, should be 3.0 as its SP2 but perhaps it didnt get upgraded or got corrupted somehow mac_shinobi - cheers that works fine, should have thought of that. Nothing in event viewer really, expected it to be chock full of errors but no. At least I can do some administration this way anyway
mac_shinobi Posted February 26, 2009 Posted February 26, 2009 you should be able to get to event viewer of the other machine that way as well.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now