Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone recommend motherboard bundle (cpu\ram\m'board)?

 

Ideally £100... more ram = better. Also need a PSU as well...

 

For my self.

 

PS: I hate onboard graphics, but I think I'm stuck for the price, full atx, and pci-express have a ati hd something or other.

Posted

Asus motherboards are pretty good in my experience for desktops £32+

 

As for CPUs, to match your £100 budget, a Celeron Dual Core E1200 are actually very fast bearing in mind the price (about £38)

 

2GB 800/667 DDR Memory is about £16 - £20

 

Power Supplies 350-400w £12-£14+

 

As for graphics cards, this is where it'll push your £100 budget. Cheaper Nvidia/ATI cards use shared memory (your system RAM), so it's better to spend a little more. A card with its own dedicated memory is much better £35+

Posted
I think he means he has an ATI pci-e gfx card already? As already mentioned aim for a P31 chipset board 2Gb of DDR2 and whatever CPU you can get for the balance Celeron E1400 or pref Pentium Dual Core E5200.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...