NewOrder Posted February 17, 2009 Posted February 17, 2009 I guess many of us do not associate Mr Fry with the heady world of technology. We see him more of a wordsmith with an incredible knowledge. Have a look at this The New Adventures of Mr Stephen Fry Yes Stephen is in to cloud computing. He is also a big twitter. An invite to Edigeek may not go amiss?
powdarrmonkey Posted February 17, 2009 Posted February 17, 2009 He's also a committed supporter of the FSF and Gnu: Stephen Fry — Happy birthday to GNU — The GNU Operating System
matt40k Posted February 17, 2009 Posted February 17, 2009 I think he more likes the "new ideas" rather then the actual underlying technology. He his however a true geek, like all good techies. On a side note, I love the idea of cloud computering, however it is all a bit scary, the idea everything is controlled by a single system. I like to know where the off button is.
TechMonkey Posted February 17, 2009 Posted February 17, 2009 Sorry calling someone a twitter still seems like something in a slanging match
torledo Posted February 17, 2009 Posted February 17, 2009 I think he more likes the "new ideas" rather then the actual underlying technology. He his however a true geek, like all good techies. On a side note, I love the idea of cloud computering, however it is all a bit scary, the idea everything is controlled by a single system. I like to know where the off button is. now now, don't be a conspiracy theorist. It's interesting how the next version of exchange has been 'powering' {i hate the use of that verb aswell} the live@edu service for some 3.5million users!! And when RTM exchange 14 will apparently have off-premise and on-premise deployment options and intriguely a mixture of the two for some environments. Hosted models are here and will be more prevalent, so best read that small print.
matt40k Posted February 17, 2009 Posted February 17, 2009 @torledo Just wait... I won't however be able to tell you so however.
NewOrder Posted February 17, 2009 Author Posted February 17, 2009 Live@edu could certainly cut costs and hassle. Cloud computing and software as a service. No need for as many servers in a school? If we have really good 3G no need for broadband in a school. What can we get rid of next
Little-Miss Posted February 17, 2009 Posted February 17, 2009 I've got him on Twitter, i do enjoy his ramblings. I think he's brilliant and he's very much a Apple lover..
StewartKnight Posted February 19, 2009 Posted February 19, 2009 of course he's an Apple lover, he's a thesp! Style over substance! Having said that...... I'd have an iPhone, if Simons daughter wants to sell me hers in 3 months!
sidewinder Posted February 19, 2009 Posted February 19, 2009 I like him, hes funny, and I like the fact hes into technology What I cant forgive him for though is getting everyone into bloody Twitter - because of him and other celebrity twits, sorry twitters, its all I ever hear about now
NewOrder Posted February 19, 2009 Author Posted February 19, 2009 For those of you who have Heads that are not in to IT, mentioning Mr Fry's use of IT might get them to think. Actually I think that asking the question does you head use IT could be a poll. Then cross reference it with IT spend, even better.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now