Little-Miss Posted February 6, 2009 Posted February 6, 2009 I may be having a moment here.... I've just gone back to edit an oldish but recent post of mine and there's no edit button? Is that normal and its just something i havent noticed before?
plexer Posted February 6, 2009 Posted February 6, 2009 If it was a really really old post could this have been caused when data has been migrated from one host to another? Ben
Little-Miss Posted February 6, 2009 Author Posted February 6, 2009 its not that old....a week at most! Am i going mad?!
RabbieBurns Posted February 6, 2009 Posted February 6, 2009 I noticed this the other day too on a post Id made within the last month
EduTech Posted February 6, 2009 Posted February 6, 2009 I might be wrong, but i think in certain area's you cant edit your post. James.
Little-Miss Posted February 6, 2009 Author Posted February 6, 2009 I've logged out and in again.... starting to feel better now!! lol
SYNACK Posted February 6, 2009 Posted February 6, 2009 There is definatly a very short window that is enforced on editing now, 4-5 days. I found this when trying to edit the first papercut thread post. It is totally annoying to be honest and I do hope that the admins see fit to relax its enforcement at least a little or in specificly requested posts like the one that I wanted to update.
Little-Miss Posted February 6, 2009 Author Posted February 6, 2009 yeah, i might pm one of the mods cus there is something i need to change...long story
ZeroHour Posted February 6, 2009 Posted February 6, 2009 Hey, Its currently set to 24 hours since the post was made. After that you should email/pm an admin and we will sort out your request. The reason for the locking of posts is to prevent someone editing mass amounts of posts which destroy the thread context. Its not a problem though if you need it edited 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now