SimpleSi Posted January 19, 2009 Posted January 19, 2009 I went to install a Joomla 1.5 extension (Jumi) on a site and got JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths error msg. Came home tried again with another site, same extension, same error msg. Tried another extension (joomlapack) that I know works - same error. Tried joomlapack on a localhost install - works fine Its possible that CLEO have changed some PHP/security settings - could someone try installing a new extension on one of there 1.5 CLEO sites please and let me know what happens please? All sites, remote and local are running J1.5.9 AFAIK so I don't think that's the issue but who knows! regards Simon
kmount Posted January 19, 2009 Posted January 19, 2009 (Not a CLEO person) Do you have access to php.ini?
SimpleSi Posted January 19, 2009 Author Posted January 19, 2009 access to php.ini I don't think so (they don't give us sharp knives to play with up here!) regards Simon
danIT Posted January 19, 2009 Posted January 19, 2009 Found this: Joomla! • View topic - SOLVED - JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths Might help?
SimpleSi Posted January 19, 2009 Author Posted January 19, 2009 (edited) from the link u posted Check: 1. Click on the Menu Help->System Info 2. Click on the second tab, named PHP Settings 3. Check the line with the Setting "Open Basedir" (usually the second line from top) I get this /u01/inet/htdocs/euxton/:/g01/inet/htdocs/testsite/error_pages/:/g01/inet/htdocs/testsite/cmsCentral/:/tmp/ Which doesn't look a briliiant valid path to me but maybe it parses to something OK [EDIT] (I think maybe the : are separators for multiple paths - if so then its the /u01/inet/htdocs/euxton/ parameter that looks interesting because my joomla tmp path = /g01/inet/users/e9043/docs/tmp' ) [/EDIT] Could someone on a Non CLEO, real-world ISP (not your own local server) post what their site gives for the two values? @sysman Nothings changed on my existing sites that have been working fine for months and I've tried 2 of them I know cause doesn't always follow effect but the CLEO servers were down on Sunday (What for I have no idea) and now things don't work anymore Edited January 20, 2009 by SimpleSi
SimpleSi Posted January 20, 2009 Author Posted January 20, 2009 (edited) Talked to ICT Centre - they are not aware of anyhting that happened Sunday to affect things but said that there was a change to open_basedir setting about 2 months ago. I can't say for definite that I've tried to install an extension in last couple of months as I just use Joomlapack to re-install my standard customised setup and I can't remember trying to change this (on live sites - I normally change on localhost and package up from there) I'm sending them my error and config settings but I'd still appreciate if someone else could give it a go (And still very interested to see what other people on real world 1.5 sites have in their open_basedir path compared to the tmp/log file paths.) regards Simon Edited January 20, 2009 by SimpleSi
SimpleSi Posted January 20, 2009 Author Posted January 20, 2009 I see that you use Joomlapack. The correct tmp / log paths do not get updated during the restore process IIRC Thats right but I first noticed the fault on a vanilla pucker J1.5.9 install (I was trying to set up a sub site just for PTFA to edit so wanted a minimal install with just a few extensions) I manually alter the paths if I use JoomlaPack to install my normal package regards Simon
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now