synaesthesia Posted January 14, 2009 Posted January 14, 2009 This is probably something simple, I can only assume it's not a bug as it exists from Office 95 all the way through to Office 2007. Copy and Pasting. If, for instance, I copy the contents of a cell into the clipboard, type something into another cell and go to paste into the next cell - the clipboard's empty - ctrl+v pastes nothing, it's gone. I've hunted high and low for an answer, google comes up with lots of unrelated queries, searched manually on a load of forums including this and nothing. Surely I can't be alone in noticing this problem? And I'm almost certain there's a really, really easy answer that's right in front of my nose Cheers
leco Posted January 14, 2009 Posted January 14, 2009 If you turn on the Office Clipboard - Edit> Office Clipboard... then the item will remain on the clipboard even though the Paste icon will be greyed out. 1
synaesthesia Posted January 14, 2009 Author Posted January 14, 2009 Ah, cheers - still rather inconvenient having to click elsewhere to re-get a clipboard item when you can re-copy from source it but still - rather useful if the information is on another worksheet or something. Cheers though, very helpful Might probe MS about that one, I can't see why it should do it at all.
leco Posted January 14, 2009 Posted January 14, 2009 I agree that it's rather inconvenient to have more clicks. However, that is perhaps outweighed by the fact that multiple items can be on the clipboard at any given time.
synaesthesia Posted January 14, 2009 Author Posted January 14, 2009 Aye, will no doubt be a little easier once the keyboard shortcuts are embedded in my brain!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now