sidewinder Posted January 12, 2009 Posted January 12, 2009 Im not too bad at configuring it but Im getting myself confused over what I need to do here. We've just had an Aruba wireless system installed, and we purchased one licence for a remote AP, so the theory is, you plug it in at home, and can access the school network seamlessly Already we've hit a slight snag in that we're on a WAN, so I've got a public address translated to one of our WAN addresses. The final step though is to translate that WAN address to our internal address of our controller, 172.16.1.15 I assume, though I havent tried this yet, that traffic will hit our internet firewall looking for the WAN address (confusingly this is also in a 172 range, though with a /24 subnet) So how, in ISA server 2004, do I set up a rule/route to forward anything received from that address, to our Aruba controller internally? I could try and guess but as the only place I can try and connect is from home, its going to get a bit tedious going back and forth, so I would rather set it up 'properly' and then work out the snags after that Any help is appreciated
bio Posted January 16, 2009 Posted January 16, 2009 To my simple knowledge you need to configure a listener on the external (WAN) interface. So a public adres with a port number to which the home clients are conneting. Then create a server publishing rule that uses the listener and redirects to ip 172.16.1.15. I asume in this scenario that the external ip of the isa is an public ip adres... regards bio
sidewinder Posted January 20, 2009 Author Posted January 20, 2009 thanks for that, will have a look, at least now I know the bits to look for! no its not a public address, the public address is translated into a private (for the WAN) one by Atomwide. Its an annoying setup but theres nothing I can do about it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now