Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
Got a problem on a few of our computers in school. For no reason the Windows Firewall ICS Services wont run (error 1053). And the system is unresponsive and I cannot ping the ip address of the computer (I can ping out). Then after about twenty minutes it starts and then I can ping in. This happens on various computers. Is this a DNS problem?
Posted

Could potentially be this, though I don't know if its digitally signed.

 

What version of Windows is running on these, and do the machines have anything in common?

  • Thanks 1
Posted
The machines are all Windows XP Pro SP3 I am trying to create a new image for the machines in a room. When the machine is on a workgroup it is fine, however when I join the domain after a reboot it happens. It is also starting happening randomly on about 5/6 machines across the network that are all different.
Posted

Have you Sysprepped the image? It does sound like a bad image rather than a DNS problem, as you can ping out (presumably pinging your primary server or gateway).

 

Generally speaking you should disable the Windows Firewall in a domain. Have you tried this?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...