clarky2k3 Posted January 12, 2009 Posted January 12, 2009 Got a problem on a few of our computers in school. For no reason the Windows Firewall ICS Services wont run (error 1053). And the system is unresponsive and I cannot ping the ip address of the computer (I can ping out). Then after about twenty minutes it starts and then I can ping in. This happens on various computers. Is this a DNS problem?
jamesb Posted January 12, 2009 Posted January 12, 2009 Could potentially be this, though I don't know if its digitally signed. What version of Windows is running on these, and do the machines have anything in common? 1
clarky2k3 Posted January 12, 2009 Author Posted January 12, 2009 The machines are all Windows XP Pro SP3 I am trying to create a new image for the machines in a room. When the machine is on a workgroup it is fine, however when I join the domain after a reboot it happens. It is also starting happening randomly on about 5/6 machines across the network that are all different.
jamesb Posted January 12, 2009 Posted January 12, 2009 Are all of the machines where its happening on a domain? What GPOs do you have applying to Windows Firewall?
clarky2k3 Posted January 12, 2009 Author Posted January 12, 2009 (edited) Yeah they are all on a domain. I have checked the GPO they are fine. I tried your solution, no luck! Edited January 12, 2009 by clarky2k3
clarky2k3 Posted January 12, 2009 Author Posted January 12, 2009 There are a few other services not starting, Computer Browser, Security Center.
Michael Posted January 12, 2009 Posted January 12, 2009 Have you Sysprepped the image? It does sound like a bad image rather than a DNS problem, as you can ping out (presumably pinging your primary server or gateway). Generally speaking you should disable the Windows Firewall in a domain. Have you tried this?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now