Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 26 licenses based on per device.

 

The problem I have is that my principal has come back to me wanting the VPN connection transfered over to his own personal laptop rather than on the school laptop.

 

I thought this was okay since that can be done. However, on the TS server itself, I can't find a way to revoke the licence back to the server from the laptop and then have the principal's other laptop to pick it up.

 

I haven't found anything credible to suggest that this is possible. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Posted (edited)

What server version are you using?

 

If its Win2K3 then you cannot revoke a license, but it will have an expiry date after which it can be reissued.

 

If its Win2K8 then it is possible to revoke a license once every (I think) 100 days. After this you need to wait the 100 days before you can revoke it again.

 

Anything prior to Win2K3 won't allow you to revoke per device licenses.

 

However under Win2K3 you can issue a temporary CAL which will last 90 days to the device. So long as the other device does not reconnect to the server this will last 90 days, while the expiry date of per-device CALs is a maximum of 89 days.

Edited by jamesb
Additional info

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...