brahma Posted December 19, 2008 Posted December 19, 2008 Can anyone help with a small problem? I have 8 iMacs that I have installed on my network (we are running Leopard on the iMacs with a OS X Server running Tiger, client authentication is being handled by AD) I have installed Logic Express 8 on all eight iMacs and for the last 6 weeks, logic has been running without a problem. Yesterday, one iMac decided to stop running Logic and I get the error 'The application "Logic Express" is not allowed. Logic Express is not on the approved list of applications' - I tried to run Sibelius and got the same error. The errors occur when a student logs on or when I do (and I am an a Domain Admin!). If I log on to the iMac with the local admin account, I get 'Logic Express is not on the approved list of applications' with the 'Always Allow' 'Allow Once' options. If I click always allow, Logic runs!! I haven't got Worgroup Admin setup yet and am not using Parental Controls. Can anyone let me know what has happened and how I fix it? Many thanks,
skawarrior Posted December 19, 2008 Posted December 19, 2008 Have you got any workgroups setup? If so check that the applications settings aren't switched to manage or if you prefer managed settings add your applications to the allow list
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now