Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all, I had to buy a new laptop because in the old one the Lcd screen get broken.

 

I use it for work so I have bought a very good one, with large screen and high performances, but there is Windows Vista installed (In the old one there was xp).

 

The problem is that if I run the same macro in both the pc the new one is 9 time more slow than the old one: the old pc took 10 second and the new one 90.

 

I have tried with program for benchmark calculation and the new pc has been very fast.

 

I have only got problem with the macro but it simply orders a list with 9000 rows and 8 columns.

 

I have reinstalled office and the sp1 but nothing.

 

The problem is that this excel file will grow up but I can't downgrade to xp for driver and warranty problem.

 

Does anyone know why vista is so slow using the macro and how can I fix it?

 

Thank you very much

Posted
is it the same version of office on the old laptop and the new one?

 

yes, of course.

 

office 2007 12.0.6214.1000 sp1 mso 12.0.6213.1000

windows vista home premium sp1

antivirus avast 4.8 home edition

 

thanks

bye

Posted

The user must come back and confirm they are not a autobot (spam bot) or I will ban the user and remove the thread.

It was not a actual signature, he just made the post look like a signature since sig links are disabled for non supporters.

Posted
The user must come back and confirm they are not a autobot

 

What if they are a decepticon? :getmecoat:

 

There do seem to be more manual spammers lately who will argue till they're blue in the face that they didn't come just to spam...

Posted
The problem is that this excel file will grow up

 

Do you mean that you have a newer version of Office with the new machine, whereas the old machine has a older version of office?

 

Also, I'm assuming from the post that you are talking about a macro within a Excel worksheet correct?

 

I'm not too hot on macros within Excel, but i'm asking to help others gain more information into the problem for you ;)

 

Good luck

Nath.

Posted
no, i'm not a spambot

thanks the same to all

bye

Thanks for confirming.One thing to note in future, you cant post signature links for a reason and you can always list companies in your details on the left side of the post so please dont post links that are not relevant to the topic.

Hope you find a solution and enjoy the forums though, I just hope you can see why people wondered, we get so many autobots these days.

 

Could you post a snippet of the code? What factors is the sort based on?

Posted (edited)
122 posts across different forums in the space of a day, some forums with a very tenuous link to Vista/macros, many of them already nuked and just coming back to say "No" is enough to get people wasting their time trying to answer? :confused: Maybe I'm out of Xmas spirit heh :hand: Edited by OutToLunch

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...