firefighting Posted December 9, 2008 Posted December 9, 2008 I have a sysprep pc that I want to deploy across a network and getting very confused. Is there a very simple step by step tutorial on how get a sysprep pc imaged and placed on to a network for deployment. I am currently trying to setup BDD 2007 and not sure which components to install. I use Acronis to image but that produces a tib file and not a wim file. Any help appreciated.
moiebus Posted December 9, 2008 Posted December 9, 2008 You don't say which OS, however i found this quite useful(and shorter than the Microsoft stuff) Augusto Alvarez Blog Archive Installing and Configuring WDS (Windows Deployment Services): Full Images Deployment (Part I) 1
plexer Posted December 9, 2008 Posted December 9, 2008 If you don't have a wim file to work with then you will need to create one. After sysprep has shut the pc down you boot it from the wds server and capture the image to a wim file. Ben
cclaassen Posted October 5, 2010 Posted October 5, 2010 hi im trying to find information on how to use Norton ghost in conjunction with WDS could you help me in anyway please
plexer Posted October 5, 2010 Posted October 5, 2010 Why would you want to use ghost instead of wds? Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now