Jackd Posted November 18, 2008 Posted November 18, 2008 Hi, I've got a big folder with lots of subfolders that contain files with a specfic name e.g. PL0123_A, these names are also stored inside a access database. I need to make a script that will scan for all .dwg files in a directory recursively. Then i need to look up each files name in the Access database see what the description is for that file and append it to the filename by renaming. Does anyone have any advice on whats the best language to do it in? And how i would do it easily...some code snippets would be nice Thanks Jack
kmount Posted November 19, 2008 Posted November 19, 2008 For 0630hrs thought I'd suggest running the content from access into something "readable" perhaps just "filename" and "desc" and then you should be able to do this without too much drama I'd think. I have a script that currently just takes any .jpg files in a dir and renames them prefix-number-.jpg which could be extended I'd guess.
Jackd Posted November 19, 2008 Author Posted November 19, 2008 Could i possibly see the script? And can the script recursively search dirs?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now