Toby77 Posted February 25, 2010 Posted February 25, 2010 Has anyone taken a look at the Bretford Range yet Lap TopLoader- Basic Netbook Storage & Recharge Unit Store & charge up to 32 x netbooks Unique top loading design for easy access Supports data transfer activities Supports Wifi Excellent cable management Energy saving ‘Auto-Power-Off’ Full Specifications: Store and charge up to 32 x netbooks, suitable for housing up to 10.2” netbooks. All steel construction with easy-action top-opening lid, double lock security and anti-slam action Dedicated mounting area for a wireless router and network switch, enabling you to update a full set of netbooks simultaneously (Router and network switch not included) Built-in Electronic Power Management system (EPM), regulates the amount of current being drawn from the mains supply, preventing the schools circuits being tripped and so minimising classroom disruption Utilises the netbook’s own connecting lead for charging and so can be used with multiple brands of netbooks at once The connecting lead is feed through the built-in cable channel to the netbook compartments, to offer excellent cable management. When utilising the data transfer capabilities of the LAP TopLoader, the network cables are also neatly feed through these built-in channels Side access door offers secure access to the power module, wireless router & network switch. A clear Perspex viewing panel on the side of the door also enables the power, wireless & network connectivity status to be clearly viewed at all times. External CAt socket for easy connection to a network point Energy saving 'Auto-Power-Off' feature automatically switches the unit off after a designated period of time, allowing the unit to be left on charge over night or weekend without wasting energy Open base offers additional storage for accessories Dual fan controlled ventilation All electronic components are housed in an easily removeable module which, in the unlikely event that something goes wrong can be simply swapped out and replaced by the user, thus reducing downtime
Robbocop Posted February 25, 2010 Posted February 25, 2010 Monarch | LapCabby, Storage and charging solutions for laptops It's the one in the centre LapCabby 32H Robocop Yes, that's a monster, isn't it? Typically we've been talking to schools about 20 and 32 slot Bretfords, 16V, 20V and 32V (vertical slot) Lapcabbies and increasingly, Lapcabbies for mini computers, up to the 32V. The 32H full size one you have is one I've never seen, but physically I can see that it's twice the size of the 32V mini. Also, as it has all those internal horizontal drawers, I can understand why it's so heavy, and therefore why the casters are giving problems once you've loaded it with laptops. It shouldn't be happening, don't get me wrong, but if it's going to happen, that's the trolley it'll happen to! I'm going to let Monarch know about this discussion, if it's OK with you? They won't have seen it and they really ought to.
Haptic Posted February 25, 2010 Posted February 25, 2010 As a provider of all the above systems I would say take a look at the Lapsafe range of products as no only are the cost effective but the build quality is superb, Laptop Security | Lapsafe UK | Anti-Theft Laptop Security Cabinets Give me a shout if you would like any info or pricing on any of the discussed products;)
Little-Miss Posted February 25, 2010 Author Posted February 25, 2010 We had some of the Bretford (laptop) range at my last school, i found their cable management to be just as bad....i dread to think about the amount of hours i spent find lost ends to adaptors...
Little-Miss Posted February 25, 2010 Author Posted February 25, 2010 Yeah ok, let them see this discussion... From what i read from the PDF's i should have had Y cables..didnt get any of them. I was sent the wrong instructions, i rang them but never recieved the correct ones...
hil Posted February 25, 2010 Posted February 25, 2010 As a provider of all the above systems I would say take a look at the Lapsafe range of products as no only are the cost effective but the build quality is superb, Laptop Security | Lapsafe UK | Anti-Theft Laptop Security Cabinets Give me a shout if you would like any info or pricing on any of the discussed products;) Hi have you got a image of what the space is like for the chargers?
Haptic Posted February 25, 2010 Posted February 25, 2010 Hi have you got a image of what the space is like for the chargers? if you send me a pm over with your full details and email address I'll get onto lapsafe and get you some high res product images and messurements ,
Little-Miss Posted February 25, 2010 Author Posted February 25, 2010 Mines got big chunky handles...when did they change? I've only had it 6/7 months?
adouble-u Posted March 4, 2010 Posted March 4, 2010 (edited) "Yes, that's a monster, isn't it? Typically we've been talking to schools about 20 and 32 slot Bretfords, 16V, 20V and 32V (vertical slot) Lapcabbies and increasingly, Lapcabbies for mini computers, up to the 32V". I've since been to another high school to have a look at their Bretford trolley with space for 16 notebooks and it is much easier to manoeuvre. The Network Manager there has had very few problems with it, aside from the odd time when it's tripped the power. The teachers fetch that one themselves. I would be happy to get those ones next time. "It shouldn't be happening, don't get me wrong, but if it's going to happen, that's the trolley it'll happen to! I'm going to let Monarch know about this discussion, if it's OK with you? They won't have seen it and they really ought to. I have had several heated discussions with a guy named John Rains at Monarch, who claims that they have won awards for design and that they've never had any complaints about their product. Either this is a lie or there's just not enough Network Managers complaining about this sort of thing. I suspect that in most cases, they may feel that they made a bad choice and that there's little point in reporting it becasue they know that they won't get anywhere. So come on guys, get on the phone to them and complain about this monstrosity. Edited March 4, 2010 by adouble-u
witch Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 I am looking at a whole lot of netbooks soon and I thought the Bretfords looked great - mainly because I can actually see the teachers being able to move the thing around themselves without damaging the cabby So, where to get one from? I have been told that you can get them 'thrown in' with the netbooks (still dont know which ones to use), does anyone know about this or the cheapest place to get them?
Haptic Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 I am looking at a whole lot of netbooks soon and I thought the Bretfords looked great - mainly because I can actually see the teachers being able to move the thing around themselves without damaging the cabby So, where to get one from? I have been told that you can get them 'thrown in' with the netbooks (still dont know which ones to use), does anyone know about this or the cheapest place to get them? from us of course lol;) 1
Mr.Ben Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 This is a bit of a Hijack, but have you found anything smaller than 10 bays Little Miss? We have some really small classes here (5 Students) who use the trolleys, and it seems that the other 5 on the trolleys are not being used!.
Little-Miss Posted March 9, 2010 Author Posted March 9, 2010 I know you can get little ones that pull along like little suitcases...wonder if they do them netbooks... 1
Haptic Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 I know you can get little ones that pull along like little suitcases...wonder if they do them netbooks... they do them for laptops and netbooks we have supplied quite a few bretford Mpods with success apart from the lead time lol 4 weeks is abit much;)
Little-Miss Posted September 9, 2010 Author Posted September 9, 2010 Ok we're after a second lot of netbooks and a trolley now Lapcaddy is out of the question... Team CP i will email you soon about the "Mpods" but they usually cost too much! Anyone recommend the RM Minibus?
hil Posted September 9, 2010 Posted September 9, 2010 We got these during the summer Satellite T110 series - Toshiba
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now