Jiser Posted November 10, 2008 Posted November 10, 2008 (edited) http://www.edugeek.net/forums/educational-jobs/26387-network-manager-hampshire.html I can't believe the appalling pay for public sector workers! This position is pretty badly paid, I only say this because I have a friends from uni who got into various jobs/graduate schemes being paid between 24-28k with only one year of I.T. experience. If you look at allot of help desk roles as well they offer between 18-24k which is almost what this poso offers. Granted its not gonna change but I thought I would have a moan anyway! Edited November 12, 2008 by MkII Split from Job ad thread.
Stuarte Posted November 11, 2008 Posted November 11, 2008 You are right Jiser, but where the NM's role is recognised as strategic (as in this case), most vacancies are around the £30-34k mark (3-4k more in London). This would indeed seem low (there are many threads regarding salary on this site!). Also, public sector workers get fat pensions, so it's not all bad!
AngryTechnician Posted November 11, 2008 Posted November 11, 2008 I used to live very near that school. Let's just say it's not a particularly affluent area.
kylewilliamson Posted November 11, 2008 Posted November 11, 2008 Basingstoke Gazette - Shake-up drives pupils to protest Great!!
AngryTechnician Posted November 11, 2008 Posted November 11, 2008 In fairness, that was 2 years ago. Also, while we're reading that bastion of journalism that is the Gazette, let's fast forward 7 months: Tutor group changes win pupils' approval (From Basingstoke Gazette)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now