Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm combining two projects, one home project and one school project.

 

I have one application that records temperature via a serial port using a python application that I've half cobbled together

 

I have another application that records power usage (kW/h) via a serial port and another python application.

 

both apps can export live CSV.

 

I want apache to be able to display the outputs of the graphs, what application is suitable for this? The only thing I can think of is MRTG - could this do it? or is there a more suitable apache mod. The application I'm looking for must be light - the 'server' is a 400MHz ARM 32MB running linux

Posted

 

I'm assuming one of these is for server room monitoring and iirc you use nagios? Can you feed the .csv to histogram.cgi?

 

Thanks, phplot looks like what i need.

We do use nagios for network/server monitoring, but I don't really want to use it here because I'm combining a home project (to measure temperature) with a school science project (to measure electricity usage.

I've also been looking at rrdtool

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...