Dos_Box Posted October 31, 2008 Posted October 31, 2008 Is anyone here involved in or knows of virtual worlds being used within schools (UK schools in particular) in a positive and productive way? This should or may include open source projects or commercial version you know about.
GrumbleDook Posted October 31, 2008 Posted October 31, 2008 Have a chat to Leon Cych, he is likely to be your best point of contact. I'll prod him to remind him that he did video you for his BETT blog 2 years ago.
Dos_Box Posted October 31, 2008 Author Posted October 31, 2008 Oh I remember Leon. He caught me just as I was leaving for my train home and almost made me late Nice guy.
GrumbleDook Posted October 31, 2008 Posted October 31, 2008 The other people to talk to are Drew Buddie, Chris Smith (shambles guru) and Russell Prue. All are regular Second Lifers. If you go onto Education Island UK you can find a number of places to contact people or organisations that are involved in virtual worlds (including the JISC projects).
linescanner Posted October 31, 2008 Posted October 31, 2008 I have just had a look at the stuff Sun are doing. It is called project wonderland. Looks a bit cool. Here is the link https://lg3d-wonderland.dev.java.net/binary-builds.html
RabbieBurns Posted October 31, 2008 Posted October 31, 2008 I think most of the kids here are in their own wee world most of the time..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now