ajbritton Posted April 26, 2006 Posted April 26, 2006 I've been working on an install which has needed quite a few scripts (some completely new and some updates of ones Ialready have). As an amateur scripter, I find myself regularly rewriting the same code over and over again. I'm accumulating a small library of usefu routines (log file, IE progress window etc.) but what I really want is an all singing all dancing script template which I can customize for each new script. I'm thinking about the following... 1 - Usual object definitions (FSO, Shell, Net etc) 2 - Logger (I wrote a logging class for this) 3 - Directory iterator (processes every file/folder in a structure calling an sub for each file/folder) 4 - AD search 5 - AD based IsUser function to test for user account existence 6 - AD based IsGroup function etc. etc. You get the general idea. Does anyone else do this? Am I just inventing script bloat? Is there a really good template already out there? I suppose I could just download every function from NetRead Scripting website and paste them together, but I was hoping for someting a bit more integrated than that (global object defs, debug logging in all functions etc.) Or have I just made a job for myself?
ChrisH Posted April 26, 2006 Posted April 26, 2006 It sounds like a good idea. At the moment I just do some serious copy and pasting. When I have a working script I go through it and take out the stuff that isnt used.
apeo Posted April 26, 2006 Posted April 26, 2006 Sript template would be well useful.. as like everyone else i just do alot of copy and paste from old scripts.
mac_shinobi Posted November 15, 2006 Posted November 15, 2006 http://www.computerperformance.co.uk is a good site I use has examples and defintions / explanations of a lot of stuff. Also maybe do this on a wiki , just a thought ?
mac_shinobi Posted December 27, 2006 Posted December 27, 2006 ping - just wanted to know whats going on with this vbscript template ?
ajbritton Posted December 27, 2006 Author Posted December 27, 2006 It's still somewhere on my long list of things to do, but at the moment I'm afraid it's not very high.
mac_shinobi Posted December 27, 2006 Posted December 27, 2006 Fair enough, just it had been a while, if you can post back here when your ready to do it , I wouldn't mind helping a bit now n then ie on weekends and if i get any other time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now