Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Best way to import a PST file into Evolution?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I recently made the permanent move over to Linux on my home machine. I need to import all my old mail which is in the form of a pst file.

I have tried

Importing mail from Outlook into thunderbird on my Windows laptop. It doesnt even know Outlook is installed!

 

I have tried the pst import plug in for Thunderbird on Linux and windows and it doesnt work.

 

I tried readpst on linux. Didnt work

 

I tried outport on windows which exported all the email to folders and files, but Evolution didn't want to know.

 

In the end I noticed by mistake that Thunderbird could see Outlook Express, so I imported the emails to express and then to Thunderbird!

I then copied the mail folder over and did single file import on the filenames like Inbox without the extension!

 

So I got it done in the end but what would have been an easier way?

Posted

For the most compatibility with tools you want:

 

pst less than 2GB

Unencrypted pst

2000 format pst

 

You can easily convert by attaching both in outlook and copying/exporting from the new format to the old 2000 one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...