Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am in the process of setting up a number of internal systems which rely on being able to send SMS messages via our BT lines, ideally from email alerts.

 

These systems include System monitoring, staff alerts for Behaviour support etc.

 

We were going to use a z-text modem from NTS telecom, but no one seems to be able to supply that item anymore.

 

I understand that something simalar is possible with Asterisk but have not started to test this.

 

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

 

Note I need to avoid solutions that send via a mobile phone, as I need to avoid extra mobile phone contracts or top ups. Land line sms will get charged to the school phone bill, which is already being paid.....

 

Thanks

 

RobK

Posted

Hmm, I never though of doing it this way...

 

I take it you mean this: Automated Home - Z-text SMS Modem

Have you tried NTS Telecom directly Contact to ask them about their distributors ? It might just be out of stock from http://www.openxtra.co.uk/products/accessories/sms-modems/z-text/prodztext.html so ask them too..

 

If it was me, I'd send these links to my main IT supplier, and asks for a price, it usually works.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
Hmm, I never though of doing it this way...

 

I take it you mean this: Automated Home - Z-text SMS Modem

Have you tried NTS Telecom directly Contact to ask them about their distributors ? It might just be out of stock from Network Management Tools from OPENXTRA so ask them too..

 

If it was me, I'd send these links to my main IT supplier, and asks for a price, it usually works.

 

That is the unit I was talking about. openxtra can no longer supply the unit, they say they can`t get stock. I gave my usual supplier the details for NTS Telecom, but they seem to be unable to get NTS telecom to supply goods or return calls!

 

Hence looking for a different solution.

 

Robk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...