witch Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 I need a new ac power supply cable (both bits) for a Latitude D505. I have always bought direct from dell but I have been told that there are other places I can get them. Can someone direct me?
CESIL Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 I have used Clones UK in Portsmouth. They are usually cheaper than Dell. http://www.clonesuk.co.uk
sparkeh Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 I have used Laptop spares before. Your model isn't on the list but worth a ring. They supplied me with an adapter that wasn't listed.
broc Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 (edited) try MCS Technology Ltd look in laptop accessories & spares. DELL PA-10 AC adapters £13.99 with cable. Edited October 8, 2008 by broc
Guest coquet636 Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 I use these and have found them reasonable laptopspares.co.uk
Haptic Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 I need a new ac power supply cable (both bits) for a Latitude D505. I have always bought direct from dell but I have been told that there are other places I can get them. Can someone direct me? Hiya Witch we have the power supply in stock for £45.00+vat With FREE next business day delivery, Let me know if you need any further info. Simon:)
witch Posted October 8, 2008 Author Posted October 8, 2008 Is that for both bits: the power cable and the transformer thingy?
Haptic Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 Is that for both bits: the power cable and the transformer thingy? but of course Witch , the whole caboodle hun!
IanM4657 Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 Tried this place for hard drives, they do power supplies as well : Origin Storage UK Department Origin Storage Mains AC Notebook Adapter - ADP-I8500 AC Mains Adapter for DELL Inspiron, Latitude and Mobile Workstation Notebooks. 1150, 8500, 8600, 500m, 510m, 6000, 9200, 9300, Latitude D-Series, Precision M20, M60, M70 with UK 3-pin wall cable More Details... £29.00 34.08 inc VAT RRP
Haptic Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 Tried this place for hard drives, they do power supplies as well : Origin Storage UK Department Origin Storage Mains AC Notebook Adapter - ADP-I8500 AC Mains Adapter for DELL Inspiron, Latitude and Mobile Workstation Notebooks. 1150, 8500, 8600, 500m, 510m, 6000, 9200, 9300, Latitude D-Series, Precision M20, M60, M70 with UK 3-pin wall cable More Details... £29.00 34.08 inc VAT RRP whats the delivery charges ?
broc Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 (edited) Tried this place for hard drives, they do power supplies as well : Origin Storage UK Department Origin Storage Mains AC Notebook Adapter - ADP-I8500 AC Mains Adapter for DELL Inspiron, Latitude and Mobile Workstation Notebooks. 1150, 8500, 8600, 500m, 510m, 6000, 9200, 9300, Latitude D-Series, Precision M20, M60, M70 with UK 3-pin wall cable More Details... £29.00 34.08 inc VAT RRP MCS sell original brand new DELL PSUs at half this price...... they will accept purchase orders from schools, email Mark...... Edited October 8, 2008 by broc
Haptic Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 MCS sell original brand new DELL PSUs at half this price...... they will accept purchase orders from schools, email Mark...... I take it these are second hand Dell PSU's!
broc Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 (edited) I take it these are second hand Dell PSU's! Nope, brand new, still in original DELL plastic bags. I may be wrong but I don't think the Origin PSUs are even DELL parts..... sorry I take that back, not all Origin PSUs are OEM. Edited October 8, 2008 by broc
unixman Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 I'm posting in case it proves useful. We were quoted £35 for a genuine Dell replacement for a Latitude D520 and 7 days delivery. As usual, it was needed RFN so I dropped into PC World on the off chance and found a no brand that fitted for £27. We usually use Maplins for these but the Maplins one didn't have the correct end for the Dell.
witch Posted October 8, 2008 Author Posted October 8, 2008 That's interesting; I tried PC world but they didn't have the right one and said they couldn't get it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now