contink Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 Thought I'd share this gotcha and the fix I hit today. VMWare server version 2 is a pretty big MSI and as I found can result in a GPO security policy error (ie: not allowed to installed because of the policy). The fix is this: FIX: Error message when you try to install a large Windows Installer package or a large Windows Installer patch package in Windows Server 2003 or in Windows XP: "Error 1718. File was rejected by digital signature policy"
DMcCoy Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 And it has Tomcat without the option to leave it out (like VirtualCenter) Euuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. I went back to 1.0.7
contink Posted October 8, 2008 Author Posted October 8, 2008 (edited) And it has Tomcat without the option to leave it out (like VirtualCenter) Euuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. I went back to 1.0.7 B*gger... Wish I'd done a little searching first... Seems like this wasn't my smartest move ever... Reverting. Edit: Good grief, what a mess... plugins need installing, permission errors, messy web interface instead of a management client... Useless documentation regarding changes for common sense questions... Well that's an hour wasted.. Edited October 8, 2008 by contink
PiqueABoo Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 Yeah.. I looked at one of the v2 beta/RCs and decided server 1.0.6 (lastest 1 series then) was staying put, not least for the Workstation-like UI. This is a pity because there are some new virtual hardware bits in v2 I wanted.. just not that much!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now