TechSupp Posted September 22, 2008 Posted September 22, 2008 Any one got a batch or script to add a domain user as a local admin I can add to the startup scripts? Don't usually like doing this but I have some softwrae that refuses to run unless they are local admins. I have tried localgroup Administrators /add DOMIAN_NAME\User_Name which runs if I log on as an administrator but fails if I run it as a user due to lack of permissions, catch 22!
Domino Posted September 22, 2008 Posted September 22, 2008 if you're running it through a group policy startup script, you can permission it for domain computers, rather than users. This will let it run regardless of who's logging on.
RabbieBurns Posted September 22, 2008 Posted September 22, 2008 http://www.edugeek.net/forums/how-do-you-do/23219-making-staff-local-administrators.html that might help? 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now