Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Edit: correction I was wrong I was looking at the Classroom manager section, the update for Student Manager has still not been released

 

In another prime example of the lack planning and sense has been generally accompanies MUSAC and the MOEs ENROL team this course of events unfolded. Seventeen days ago we got sent an email about the new National Student Number (NSN) and how it is "is an important identifier that will stay with them during their time at school and into tertiary education."

 

In the same email under a bold "Action Required" heading we were told "It is important you do this as soon as possible before too many students have moved between schools."

 

Wanting to get it done as soon as possible to limit extra entering of numbers manually I was of course called in to upgrade to the latest required pre-release software.

 

After checking thoroughly through the download site and re-reading the document (provided by MUSAC) that did state that it was available I decided to email both ENROL and MUSAC to see if I had missed something. After more than two weeks without a single reply I have just checked again and found it is still not there.

 

Being in a very low descile school this delay all be it only half a month will result in extra hassle as the turnover of families in the area is quite high and as such so is the movement of childern both to and from the schools.

Edited by SYNACK
Bold formatting went crazy
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Update: This patch was eventually released as I found it and downloaded it on the 25th of September and installed it so that the data could be transfered across. The site still claimed that it was released on the 17th but I had checked after that date multiple times and still not found it avalible.

 

Anyway the installation was sucessfull and suprisingly there have been no major side effects from running a prerelease version as yet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...