Haptic Posted September 12, 2008 Posted September 12, 2008 (edited) http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8990/hpdevilkb4.jpg As you all may be aware HP have decided to increase there prices as of Monday 15th Of September, This move has been sprung on all resellers worldwide and other manufacturers are set to follow suit, With this in mind if your school is looking at HP branded Desktops,Laptops,printers or even OEM Consumables then be sure to contact us as soon as possible to avoid Monday's price increases, Regarding the consumables we have seen a massive increase of customer base converting partially/fully to high quality our fully guaranteed compatible inks/spares as these will not be rising in cost. If you would like a quotation for compatible alternatives be sure to contact us with your requirements. Edited September 12, 2008 by Haptic
dgsmith Posted September 12, 2008 Posted September 12, 2008 Hi Simon, I sent you an email with our cartridges for a price request on them but haven't received a reply..? Dave 1
Haptic Posted September 12, 2008 Author Posted September 12, 2008 Hi Simon, I sent you an email with our cartridges for a price request on them but haven't received a reply..? Dave Hi Dave, Many appologies just found your email in our junk folder:confused:, will put together a price package for you today fella, Simon:)
plexer Posted September 12, 2008 Posted September 12, 2008 Don't think HP will take too kindly to their logo being vandalised? Ben 1
Haptic Posted September 12, 2008 Author Posted September 12, 2008 Don't think HP will take too kindly to their logo being vandalised? Ben Nor do we but Im sure they will be too busy counting there money and rubbing there hands together with glee to worry about us poor folk on the front line , lol
Haptic Posted September 16, 2008 Author Posted September 16, 2008 I was told the price increase would only apply to desktops and servers, the cost would be absorbed in the other sales products. sorry to say you have been misinformed as prices on all HP equipment has risen including consumables,
localzuk Posted September 16, 2008 Posted September 16, 2008 Whilst a price increase is not the best thing for us, as a school, I have been wondering for a while how HP (and all other tech companies) were managing to maintain such low prices when the rest of the world was suffering from price increases for everything. I have been expecting price increases for quite a while really. 1
powdarrmonkey Posted September 16, 2008 Posted September 16, 2008 Mmm, I was waiting for it. Just looked on Dabs though and the printers we specced last week have gone up by a whole 2p 1
Haptic Posted September 16, 2008 Author Posted September 16, 2008 Mmm, I was waiting for it. Just looked on Dabs though and the printers we specced last week have gone up by a whole 2p as dabs usually buy in HP equipment month to month its likely that they are holding the prices to make sales when the new stocks come in you will see a difference im sure,
powdarrmonkey Posted September 16, 2008 Posted September 16, 2008 Or they're absorbing a bit of it temporarily to gain some business advantage. It's bound to go up 1
kmount Posted September 16, 2008 Posted September 16, 2008 I've not seen any news indicating a rise beyond that of the Server/Desktop line. News yesterday 15th Sept HP today became the first major systems vendor to react to the weakening pound by raising UK distribution prices for its PCs and servers. Article here.. Not that I'm 'in the know' per say, just lack of anything else. 1
Elky Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 Nor do we but Im sure they will be too busy counting there money and rubbing there hands together with glee to worry about us poor folk on the front line , lol To be honest, I don't think they will be counting their money and rubbing their hands together with glee Component prices have gone up across the board due to the huge change in the dollar. An example - we have a container of 1000 cases due in this week from the Far East. We ordered these 4 weeks ago but pay for them once they arrive. The price from when we ordered them until now has increased by around £6 per case Its the same with CPUs, software etc. PC builders simply cannot afford to absorb all of these costs, especially when they only make £25 - £30 on some PCs.
plexer Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 Hang on lads I'll get my violin. You poor suppliers I really feel for you Ben
Elky Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 Hang on lads I'll get my violin. You poor suppliers I really feel for you Ben Cheers Ben, I knew you'd care
Haptic Posted September 17, 2008 Author Posted September 17, 2008 To be honest, I don't think they will be counting their money and rubbing their hands together with glee Component prices have gone up across the board due to the huge change in the dollar. An example - we have a container of 1000 cases due in this week from the Far East. We ordered these 4 weeks ago but pay for them once they arrive. The price from when we ordered them until now has increased by around £6 per case Its the same with CPUs, software etc. PC builders simply cannot afford to absorb all of these costs, especially when they only make £25 - £30 on some PCs. a valid view Dan, the point i was making was more about the increase in turnover from this price rise wont be frowned upon by the HP bosses fella,
Elky Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 If only it was turnover that paid the bills :)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now