Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Does anyone know if, without incognito/separate browsers, it's possible to use multiple Bromcoms on the same browser?

Just found out the hard way that having your main school and a virtual school open at the same time isn't something you should do, session cookies or something mean you can do *nasty* things on the wrong school! Horrible bug unless it's just a feature that needs turning on!

 

(Had our main school window open to add a consent form, wanted to make sure I had it correct for the virtual school so moved it to one side, did the same change on the virtual - lo and behold, we now have duplicates on the main school!)

I'm erring on the side of a feature before I say lazy coding! :D

Posted

Hi @synaesthesia, You cannot have two separate instances open at the same time in the same browser.
The closest I think you will be able to get is with the accurate configuration of single sign on for both instances. This will then allow you to easily bounce between them by clicking on the little sign post icon in the bar across the top of the interface. This still won't allow you to have two instances open but it does make switching between instances easier.
As far as "feature" or the alternative.. it was quite a while ago that the design decision was made but, as far as I can recall, it was intentional.

  • Like 1
Posted

No worries, thanks John :)

Working with multiple Google tenants on one browser all day rather ingrained that ability in the mind, so assumed it would/should be fine elsewhere but I learned the hard way ;)

 

Posted

He didn't say you can't have different browser profiles, as the information is designed to run in separate blocks which is why we can be in multiple Google/365 Tenant Admin consoles at once with with the different profiles (just not all within the same profile instance)

 

I'd try signing in to your Virtual school in a Guest browser profile and see what happens, but should be no different that you logging in on a separate computer

  • Like 2
Posted

That's not a bad shout actually. Google and 365 can both run entirely in the same browser profile or even browser window without ever conflicting, but then again I'd imagine they have a few more resources at hand to achieve this then most MIS providers ;)

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...