Jaan Posted March 25 Posted March 25 Hi everyone, I’m currently reviewing our Securly deployment via Google Admin Console and noticed some overlap in our force-installed apps. Currently, we have both the Securly Chrome Extension and the Securly Chromebook Extension deployed to the student OU. The Issue: Since these are assigned at the user level, students logging into Chromebooks are receiving both extensions simultaneously. I’m seeing the same behavior when they log into Chrome browsers on other devices. Is it redundant (or problematic) to have both active at once? Does having both installed cause filtering conflicts or performance overhead on the client side (double filter and traffic loops on the Sophos XGS in our case) ? For those running a mixed environment, are you deploying both, or just the Chromebook-specific version? I’ve reached out to Securly support for their "official" best practices, just waiting on a reply Thanks in advance!
StephenPink Posted March 26 Posted March 26 19 hours ago, Jaan said: Hi everyone, I’m currently reviewing our Securly deployment via Google Admin Console and noticed some overlap in our force-installed apps. Currently, we have both the Securly Chrome Extension and the Securly Chromebook Extension deployed to the student OU. The Issue: Since these are assigned at the user level, students logging into Chromebooks are receiving both extensions simultaneously. I’m seeing the same behavior when they log into Chrome browsers on other devices. Is it redundant (or problematic) to have both active at once? Does having both installed cause filtering conflicts or performance overhead on the client side (double filter and traffic loops on the Sophos XGS in our case) ? For those running a mixed environment, are you deploying both, or just the Chromebook-specific version? I’ve reached out to Securly support for their "official" best practices, just waiting on a reply Thanks in advance! I only have 1 Securly extension - I didn't think there were different ones for ChromeOS vs Chrome browser? Currently we are only deploying to Chromebooks though - when there were issues last year, it was removed from Chrome and has never been re-deployed. We have our Chrome devices in a separate OU so it only deployed there at the moment. Cheers
Jaan Posted March 26 Author Posted March 26 so what method of securly filtering are you using on non chrome os devices? we use extensions here.
StephenPink Posted March 26 Posted March 26 8 minutes ago, Jaan said: so what method of securly filtering are you using on non chrome os devices? we use extensions here. SmartPAC We also have the DNS configured as well, as fallback
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now