lrimmer94 Posted July 9, 2025 Posted July 9, 2025 Has anyone heard of (or used, or managed to) a live feed / dashboard that can be displayed in Offices in school showing daily attendance, who's not in, who's hit a trigger etc? Not sure if it exists, but intrigued to know if it does!
dhicks Posted July 9, 2025 Posted July 9, 2025 We don't use Bromcom, we use Paxton / Inventry for door entry and iSAMS as an MIS. I was planning to look at creating a dashboard-style display showing a list of who's-in-the-building in some way, so staff and pupils could see who duty staff and so on are. I was thinking of that as an HTML / Javascript page loading maybe a CSV / JSON file generated server-side every minute or so. I'd guess it should be possible to get the same sort of data from Bromcom, so if there's no existing solution this might be something I could spend a bit of time looking at.
Cam_liddell Posted July 9, 2025 Posted July 9, 2025 (edited) I’m currently developing a product aimed at supporting student wellbeing and meeting Special Educational Needs (SEN) requirements. A key feature is a real-time tracking system for students who are out of lessons, whether they’re in the medical bay, with the SEN team, the year team, or any other designated area. Alongside this, the system provides essential context and strategies to help staff effectively support individual students in the classroom. The platform is designed to integrate with any MIS and addresses several gaps commonly found in existing systems, including: A flexible student lobbying system Extra-curricular attendance tracking Bespoke SEN plans with tailored teaching strategies Medical condition tracking and diagnosis pathway visibility Access arrangement management APDR (Assess, Plan, Do, Review) cycle tracking for EHCP evidence Intervention tracking and cost management for SEN and Pupil Premium students And much more, all focused on giving educators the information and tools they need to better support their students. I'm hoping to have it out during the next academic year. Edited July 9, 2025 by Cam_liddell
lrimmer94 Posted July 9, 2025 Author Posted July 9, 2025 1 minute ago, Cam_liddell said: I’m currently developing a product aimed at supporting student wellbeing and meeting Special Educational Needs (SEN) requirements. A key feature is a real-time tracking system for students who are out of lessons, whether they’re in the medical bay, with the SEN team, the year team, or any other designated area. Alongside this, the system provides essential context and strategies to help staff effectively support individual students in the classroom. The platform is designed to integrate with any MIS and addresses several gaps commonly found in existing systems, including: A flexible student lobbying system Extra-curricular attendance tracking Bespoke SEN plans with tailored teaching strategies Medical condition tracking and diagnosis pathway visibility Access arrangement management APDR (Assess, Plan, Do, Review) cycle tracking for EHCP evidence Intervention tracking and cost management for SEN and Pupil Premium students And much more, all focused on giving educators the information and tools they need to better support their students. I'm hoping to have it out during the next academic year. This I’d be very interested in! Happy to be a trial school for you.
BromcomOT Posted July 10, 2025 Posted July 10, 2025 Hi lrimmer94, Have you checked out the prebuilt dashboard available in Bromcom? If this doesn't give you what you need Bromcom has the ability to link with PowerBI where you could create an attendance dashboard pulling from the data in Bromcom. Let me know if you would like any more info on this.
lrimmer94 Posted July 10, 2025 Author Posted July 10, 2025 2 hours ago, BromcomOT said: Hi lrimmer94, Have you checked out the prebuilt dashboard available in Bromcom? If this doesn't give you what you need Bromcom has the ability to link with PowerBI where you could create an attendance dashboard pulling from the data in Bromcom. Let me know if you would like any more info on this. Hi - yes I think PowerBI might be the way to go with this but we’ve never actually used it before. Where can I get support to do this for the first time? Thanks.
dhicks Posted July 10, 2025 Posted July 10, 2025 1 hour ago, lrimmer94 said: I think PowerBI might be the way to go with this but we’ve never actually used it before. I found CFM Systems' "Introduction to PowerBI" webinar to be very useful - understandable, not too long: https://cfmsystems.com/
BromcomOT Posted July 17, 2025 Posted July 17, 2025 On 10/07/2025 at 18:49, lrimmer94 said: Hi - yes I think PowerBI might be the way to go with this but we’ve never actually used it before. Where can I get support to do this for the first time? Thanks. This support article guides you through a few of the steps and hopefully is a good starting point for you. https://docs.bromcom.com/knowledge-base/how-to-use-odata-with-bromcom/ There are lots of other free to access guides and turorial videos on the web for PowerBI itself, if you wanted to look into it further. The Microsoft team also have their own guides available here https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now