Graham_K Posted February 27, 2025 Posted February 27, 2025 Hi All, I'm trying to troubleshoot a couple of FMS installations, when i open FMS it shows their splash screen - and then shows the error "Exception in Module Finance.exe at 0017BE4F. Create User DSN Has Failed" Could anyone advise what I should be doing to fix this problem please? Many Thanks, Graham
Koldov Posted February 28, 2025 Posted February 28, 2025 You don't say if this is new behaviour, a new install, or if anything has changed with these users/devices but hopefully you've fixed it by now. To fix FMS over the years I've seen the following advice... usually, a reinstall, copy directory from a working computer, make sure FMSconnect.ini is correct, permissions to the FMS folders, make sure an active printer is installed, made default and selected... I haven't had this particular error (looks like an SQL error), however to help (in order): 1. Search Edugeek https://www.edugeek.net/forums/mis-systems/29918-create-user-dsn-has-failed.html 2. Search the internet https://resolve.co.uk/blog/article/create-user-dsn-failed-fms-errors-sims/ 3. As a last resort... Contact ESS/your SIMS support
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now