Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello,

 

I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post, if not, please can it be moved?

 

We are getting ready to migrate our entire estate to Windows 11 in the summer, but wanted to ask how other people are doing it please.

 

We currently use SCCM but going forward we are looking at using a hybrid approach with SCCM and Intune and Autopilot to have the devices in a hybrid Entra and AD environment.

 

One of the quirks we've found is the inability to name a device with Autopilot apart from specify a prefix. How did people overcome this bit please?

 

Any tips would be really appreciated please.

 

Thanks

Posted
If you select the device in Autopilot devices, you can manually set the name & group tag in here. Provided you've not set the name in the deployment profile, it'll just set the name to whatever is there
Posted

How we do it currently is, in SCCM we specify the name and type (staff / student - desktop / laptop) during the Task Sequence.

Is it even possible to do something similar?

 

Selecting the device in Autopilot after it's been imaged and then changing the name, I'm unsure how that would work as you would need to know the initial device name I thought?

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I am currently testing Autopilot hybrid without SCCM-Comanagement, We currently import the hardware hashes and then run a Autopilot wipe task sequence (doesnt install SCCM client) to install windows 11 and then it boots into windows 11.
Posted
I am currently testing Autopilot hybrid without SCCM-Comanagement, We currently import the hardware hashes and then run a Autopilot wipe task sequence (doesnt install SCCM client) to install windows 11 and then it boots into windows 11.

 

I’m doing the same but Autopilot fail to deploy the device.

 

How you get on?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...