TechMonkey Posted July 16 Posted July 16 Not wanting to rock the boat but could we have a Mod give a reasoning? I understand that post could be considered an advert but it was interesting and pertinent to the thread. We have other Timetabler personas on here quite regularly, so I am interested in the dividing line, if it is just a register with mods first or if it crossed a line. 4
mrhall Posted July 16 Posted July 16 I'm in my second year of using Edval - and I'm pretty impressed - I think I'm still learning how to make the best of it - but it can work through loads of combinations (so for example - we've got a mixed ability block with Geography, History, Art, Music, Drama, PSHE, RE - and allowing Edval a group of staff for each subject it was able to try different combinations of staff until it got a workable solution - and without splitting any classes. One year group - this solution was perfect - one ended up stuck with a couple of clashes - but me turning those into split classes made it workable). Feels like it is doing a lot of the thinking and trying solutions far quicker - and in far greater depth than I can see.
flyinghaggis Posted July 23 Posted July 23 (edited) Are there any Cloud / Software-As-Service based Timetabling solutions folk on here would recommend? Edited July 23 by flyinghaggis
DeeGee Posted July 28 Posted July 28 I'm at a Bromcom MAT and we use wTimetable natively, straight out of the box. Don't see any need to plug anything else in when there's a really good, and always developing, cloud-based timetabling solution built-in. 2
Bromcom_John Posted July 28 Posted July 28 (edited) They've mostly all been mentioned up thread, but our own one, wTimetable, is used within our own user base, it is designed to work natively with our own MIS as @DeeGee mentioned. There is TES Timetable, powered by Edval (also a 3rd party integrator with ourselves),but you would have to ask around for experience on that front. As @Keith-Johnson mentioned, a few of the other names are from other geographic regions and are a bit designed for their specific needs. If you're coming from a non cloud environment, such as Nova-T, we'll even allow you to import your structures from Nova-t directly into a cloud hosted model with wTimetable. Changing timeetable solution is a big shift so anything we can do to make the transition easier, is worth it in our view. In somewhat related commentary. Having reread the thread I noticed someone complained about being unable to view both weeks of a 2 week cycle in our own product. There is an imminent release that provides an almost complete overhaul of the scheduling screens which, among other things, ought to let you easily view the whole cycle on one view. Edited July 28 by Bromcom_John 1
Danp Posted September 25 Posted September 25 (edited) I'm back to looking at timetabling software. Any suggestions for software that exports a file that I can import cleanly into isams? I'm thinking of giving ASC Timetables a go, anyone used it? Edited September 25 by Danp
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now