Lone_Rider Posted November 14, 2024 Posted November 14, 2024 We are suffering from a Windows/Chrome issue in that SmartPac is not responding to the Geolocation is allowed setting. We are randomly having issues with Securly not allowing people to access Google Drive or in some cases Websites such as Youtube, when using a PC. A user logs on and allows Securly access to their location but when they click on Google Drive, it either just sits there doing nothing or the securly webpage flickers as if it is trying to connect but cannot. We have tried the "SmartPac" workaround of using a private Gmail account to try and force The SmartPac to set the Securly cookie. However this does not work for us. See this from Securly. https://support.securly.com/hc/en-us/articles/26661503585943-Google-Drive-Access-Issue-with-SmartPAC-Troubleshooting-and-Workaround#:~:text=When%20a%20personal%20Google%20account,unauthenticated%2C%20and%20restrictions%20are%20applied. Our current work around is to remove the users profile from the PC and then getting them to sign in again, so that a new profile is created on the PC. This new profile works and Securly allows access to Google Drive etc. However this is not a permanent fix, as some users have had the issue reappear a few days later. This error is randomly affecting users across both the main school and the lower school and is causing serious disruptions in the classroom and back office. Anyone else suffering from this?
speakercon Posted November 14, 2024 Posted November 14, 2024 Can you use the browser extension instead? I never used the SmartPac, apart from on iOS. 1
Lone_Rider Posted November 15, 2024 Author Posted November 15, 2024 It was all installed and setup way before my time, in truth I did not know that there was a Browser extension. Securly have been very, very slow to respond to the support cases I have opened. I have a call set up for Monday. So I guess I will wait and see what they say an also look into the Browser extension as well. Thanks for the heads up on that.
speakercon Posted November 15, 2024 Posted November 15, 2024 I'd defiantly look into using the BE instead of the smart pac. To make it work seamlessly I'd recommend: - Using Edge as your only browser (block all others and disable private windows) - Have O365 SSO working - Policy to silently log users into edge (and block other extensions) I do it this way and it works flawlessly.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now