steveg Posted September 17, 2024 Posted September 17, 2024 Deploying windows 11 using configuration manager, the first 50 or so deployed fine a few weeks ago, now when I'm deploying them they get most of the way through and then display "Oops, you've lost internet connection" If I go back, I can see the network connection connected. Some computers carry on fine after a re-boot, others pop up with a smoothwall login, which if I login to then also work fine. I've tried monitoring the urls it is trying to access on smoothwall and cannot see anything being blocked - added all the ones it needs to our authentication exceptions group. Is there a definitive list of urls that it connects to that need to be added to the filter?
ZeroHour Posted September 17, 2024 Posted September 17, 2024 Got any AV/Firewall that might be updating now to a version that triggers a brief network drop?
steveg Posted September 17, 2024 Author Posted September 17, 2024 Got any AV/Firewall that might be updating now to a version that triggers a brief network drop? Av on the computer is deployed after the task sequence is finished, so wouldn't be on the computer by this stage. I think it's the smoothwall filter blocking it, since the setup continues fine if I authenticate to the smoothwall from that computer, but I cannot see anything being blocked and don't think anything has changed on the smoothwal box since the last lot of deployments.
RLR Posted September 17, 2024 Posted September 17, 2024 Do you use SSL Inspection? I've tried bypassing SSL inspection for the URL microsoft lists but still have machines that fail every now and then.
steveg Posted September 18, 2024 Author Posted September 18, 2024 Yea we use SSL inspection, but I have it bypassed for every url the computer tried to access and it still did it. It seems to be right at the very end of the process, the next thing it does after I login to smoothwall on it is check for updates.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now