IA76 Posted July 29, 2008 Posted July 29, 2008 Hi On SBS 2003 I want remove an email account from a user as that account doesn't require an email. When I try and remove it from the exchange tab I get the error 'can't remove primary email'. How do I remove it? I have noticed that one of the users doesn't have an exchange tab at all? Thanks.
pooley Posted July 29, 2008 Posted July 29, 2008 Right click on the user, choose exchange tasks and remove mail box/all exchange properties (will be something like that, am going from memory) 1
apearce Posted July 29, 2008 Posted July 29, 2008 What your trying to do? Is it delete the email address assigned to that user instead of removing exchange permissions. If you want to remove send permissions externally change the address to something other than your smtp address. If you want to remove access to exchange (Outlook client, OWA etc) right click on the user in AD and you get exchange tasks and you can then remove their exchange permissions. A. 1
IA76 Posted July 29, 2008 Author Posted July 29, 2008 That was quick Yes, I want to remove access to webmail etc so I will use the methond you have given me. Thanks for the help.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now