Michael Posted January 12, 2024 Posted January 12, 2024 Afternoon all, I have a notebook that's been freshly imaged and updated as follows - - Connects/authenticates fine using WPA2 Unifi WiFi - Obtains an IP from DHCP and can browse the internet in Workgroup mode - Connecting at 400Mbps with driver defaults This is where it gets interesting - - If I try to join the domain it fails and I can't ping the DC - Tried disabling 5GHz on the adapter, same problem with 2.4GHz, so not a frequency issue. Band steering is already turned off, on Unifi. - Tried updating the Intel Wireless-AC 9560 driver, same problem - Configure a static IP and suddenly it can ping the DC and can join the domain - All other notebooks and iPads on the LAN are working fine Any ideas?
andy_nic Posted January 12, 2024 Posted January 12, 2024 (edited) interesting I have some acers with this card in randomly I get internet not available on login screen and you can't login to the domain, only happens with theses laptops, also have kept the driver up to date but never solved it. Edit: only affects the acers Laptops, all other wireless devices are fine. even some Lenovo yoga's L13 which have the same card. Edited January 12, 2024 by andy_nic
Michael Posted January 12, 2024 Author Posted January 12, 2024 Thanks for the reply - the computer in question is a Dynabook (Toshiba) C50. I just can't explain the behaviour, it makes no sense!
andy_nic Posted January 12, 2024 Posted January 12, 2024 one thing I found to temp resolve my issues with the card, Is to walk with the laptop until it joins a different AP, then its fine again until the next time one decides to do it, normally get students come to the office and by the time they are here its jumped APs and sorted itself out. interested to see if its the same root cause for the issue. had these devices same card at my last school never happened their with them. we are on cambium wireless, with watchguard as a firewall.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now