dhicks Posted July 19, 2008 Posted July 19, 2008 Would you? Not whilst staring at a camera's viewfinder, I wouldn't... -- David Hicks
SYNACK Posted July 19, 2008 Posted July 19, 2008 Not without a parachute and some experience of base jumping
dhicks Posted July 19, 2008 Posted July 19, 2008 Not without a parachute and some experience of base jumping Cissy. The sea is a mere couple-of-hundred-metres-drop away. I see people in action films dive that kind of distance all the time. -- David Hicks
SYNACK Posted July 19, 2008 Posted July 19, 2008 Cissy. The sea is a mere couple-of-hundred-metres-drop away. I see people in action films dive that kind of distance all the time. -- David Hicks Baaah, I'm not saying I couldn't take the drop in stride, execute a perfect dive and casually paddle to shore but as you say people in movies do that all the time. Base jumping it would be much more spectacular , plus its gotta be more dangerous cause lots of base jumpers end up as a nasty stain on a rock. Surely that is cooler than something every action hero can do with ease.
dhicks Posted July 19, 2008 Posted July 19, 2008 Base jumping it would be much more spectacular So true - especially if you have a custom parachute design, a la James Bond in the opening of The Spy Who Loved Me (skies off a cliff, parachute opens to show large union jack). I'm thinking the same thing, but with a large EduGeek logo... -- David Hicks
SYNACK Posted July 19, 2008 Posted July 19, 2008 So true - especially if you have a custom parachute design, a la James Bond in the opening of The Spy Who Loved Me (skies off a cliff, parachute opens to show large union jack). I'm thinking the same thing, but with a large EduGeek logo... -- David Hicks You'd also need some kind of modded up jet ski or something to land on, not that you couldn't just fly the thing to the shore but you can't simply walk away from something like that. You've got to speed off on something to complete the picture. I guess you could just call a cut scene but it is hard to direct and base jump from a shear cliff face at the same time.
dhicks Posted July 20, 2008 Posted July 20, 2008 You'd also need some kind of modded up jet ski or something to land on Even better: a speedboat with a tow-rope on the back, positioned somehow so that the parachutist can catch it just before they drop into the water, turning into a paraglider and whizzing off into the sunset. not that you couldn't just fly the thing to the shore Good plan, with only one minor problem: sheer cliffs, no shore! I guess you could just call a cut scene but it is hard to direct and base jump from a shear cliff face at the same time. Yep, this is turning out to be a very complex stunt you've volunteered to do -- David Hicks
SYNACK Posted July 20, 2008 Posted July 20, 2008 The boat could have a remote cable gun that fired up a light but strong cable into the air just as you were coming towards it. If you were really good with the parachute you probably could make it to shore as there would be a huge thermal updraft created bu the sun heating up the cliffs all day. The trick would be not getting snared in the rocks. I recon the stunt is totally doable, 5 or 6 years of training and anyone could do it... Easy
EduTech Posted July 20, 2008 Posted July 20, 2008 Cool.. yea i would do that I love mountain walking anyhow so that would be great fun! Might be a lil scared on some of those metalk pipes but i would do it James.
Andrew_C Posted July 20, 2008 Posted July 20, 2008 This was posted on another forum I frequent. Another user has altered his holiday plans and is going to have a look just based on that film. He is a climber, and lives in Spain anyway. We're waiting for the pictures!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now