SimonWindisch Posted September 19, 2023 Posted September 19, 2023 Hi all, Firstly, I'm not an expert, so please be gentle with me... I logged onto Teams admin, and it offered me a chance to "easily apply policies for a safe learning environment" I chose 1. Select your institution type = Primary or Secondary, 2. Select your educators and staff group = 3. Review and apply your selections = Apply 4. The action failed (!!!) What it seems to have done is put all pupils into a Messaging Policy with most chat setting turned off, and was trying to put all staff into a Messaging Policy group called "Primary or Secondary Educators and Staff - Messaging", but it failed. After this, chat was turned off for staff. My fix was the following Powershell script $groupName="" $Userlist = Get-AzureADGroupMember -ObjectId (Get-AzureADGroup | Where { $_.DisplayName -eq $groupName }).ObjectId | Select UserPrincipalName foreach($line in $Userlist) { $userId = $line.UserPrincipalName Write-Host $userId Grant-CsTeamsMessagingPolicy -PolicyName "Primary or Secondary Educators and Staff - Messaging" -Identity $userId }
mullet_man Posted September 19, 2023 Posted September 19, 2023 This happened to me! No idea why I went ahead with the wizard but did and when it failed I didn’t think it would have made any changes as it failed. I also found we lost the ability to chat externally as well so worth checking that for you. Not sure if it’s related but I can’t add or even search for groups in Teams now so created a Team manually and unable to add a year group in. 1
mullet_man Posted September 22, 2023 Posted September 22, 2023 Also look out for not being able to create Teams meetings. Just had to fix that one today. It's made a right mess and just glad we are not big on Teams anymore as it would have been a disaster. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now