shahidch Posted July 23, 2023 Posted July 23, 2023 We now have purchased 24 NWA210Ax APs for our school. I have added one AP successfully to the Nebula Control Centre without any issues. I then attempted to add further 4 AP's but none of these talking to Nebula Centre. The LED's flash amber/green at 1 sec intervals and continue doing this indefinitely. We have done following white listing on the Firewall (Barracuda F80): Service FQDN IP Address Port Protocol Nebula Cloud Management (NETCONF) d.nebula.zyxel.com 34.247.112.130, 52.210.12.1, 52.48.115.44, 54.73.103.137, 63.32.141.172, 63.35.107.114 4335 / 6667 TCP Nebula Cloud Management s.nebula.zyxel.com Dynamic 443 TCP Network Time Protocol *.pool.ntp.org Dynamic 123 I thought it might be a switch issue, but then I wouldn't have been successful with the first AP? I have carried out firmware updates to the latest version and this has not helped either. We are using following network here: 10.121.120.0 255.255.252.0 We have some 400 hosts all getting IPs from DHCP and all going out via same single gateway. Can you please advise what can we do to resolve the issue.
MrEprise Posted July 23, 2023 Posted July 23, 2023 Is there something silly like licenses you have to add first, before it'll take any more APs over the initial one you've added? I always remember a Motorola controller we had at my last place, you could add as many APs as you liked, but it'd only address the first number of APs you had licenses for.
shahidch Posted July 23, 2023 Author Posted July 23, 2023 Is there something silly like licenses you have to add first, before it'll take any more APs over the initial one you've added? I always remember a Motorola controller we had at my last place, you could add as many APs as you liked, but it'd only address the first number of APs you had licenses for. Thanks MrEprise, I have confirmed there is no license restriction involved.
jadzea Posted July 23, 2023 Posted July 23, 2023 We’ve experienced this with Zyxel APs and it’s almost every time the network time server it’s trying to reach. You can probably test this theory by whitelisting the IP address of the AP to give it a totally unfiltered route out and see if this works.
jadzea Posted July 23, 2023 Posted July 23, 2023 I’m also assuming you’ve added them to nebula? We find using the iPhone app and scanning the QR code on the AP the quickest way of doing this.
shahidch Posted July 23, 2023 Author Posted July 23, 2023 I’m also assuming you’ve added them to nebula? We find using the iPhone app and scanning the QR code on the AP the quickest way of doing this. Thanks Jadzea, Whitelisting the IP of AP fully is a good idea. But what baffled me that first AP registered into Nebula successfully, I don’t know how? But rest of them just could not make any connection. Yes, we have added all APs using QR code via iPhone.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now