DavidJones Posted July 10, 2023 Posted July 10, 2023 I am in the process of creating a filter report to show when a pupil or staff searches for anything to do with suicide or self-harm, to meet the DFE requirements however I am lacking a list of entries, has anyone a list that they have built which I can get a copy of? Thanks in advance Regards Dave
localzuk Posted July 10, 2023 Posted July 10, 2023 I don't have such a list, but I'd ask what filtering and monitoring systems you use as it should be built in these days.
6Foot2 Posted July 10, 2023 Posted July 10, 2023 I seem to recall before leaving my last place, our classroom management solution (Impero) had started to deploy keyword detection in their management suite. Perhaps your solution is doing the same (if you are not using Impero?) Edit: Beaten to it.
sigma Posted July 10, 2023 Posted July 10, 2023 I seem to recall before leaving my last place, our classroom management solution (Impero) had started to deploy keyword detection in their management suite. Perhaps your solution is doing the same (if you are not using Impero?) Edit: Beaten to it. We have Impero, however, the list is obfuscated so you can't see what its going to flag, and some of the terms when they are flagged seem to be geared towards their USA customers. Basically, you don't know what it's not going to report. I am struggling to find words/lists that are not geared around a "white Anglo/American" or white British slang vocabulary and include languages properly representitive of our school community. I have included the County Lines terms from this dictionary produced by the Childrens Society in 2020 that I found here: http://paceuk.info/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Slang-Dictionary-A5-Booklet.pdf 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now