Planehazza Posted May 25, 2023 Posted May 25, 2023 I've been plague with a super frustrating problem assigning devices in Apple School Manager to my MDM. I would select devices and when I click on the 'Edit MDM Server' button, only 'Unassign from the current server' would appear to select. The work around is simple. Just click on Apps and Books, let it refresh itself and list the books and this will bring back your MDM server in the Devices section
DalekSec Posted May 25, 2023 Posted May 25, 2023 Had this as an on going issue, then in settings > MDM Server Assignment, i set the defaults to my MDM and havent had the same issue happen again since.
Planehazza Posted May 25, 2023 Author Posted May 25, 2023 (edited) I have this set too, but for some reason it has never worked for me. Though this is because I'm manually having to (via blueprints) prepare 500+ iPads via AC2 to enrol them up to DEP/ASM. I assume the auto assign works when a resellers assigns them to my ASM organisation. Edited May 25, 2023 by Planehazza
atcoates Posted May 25, 2023 Posted May 25, 2023 I have this set too, but for some reason it has never worked for me. Though this is because I'm manually having to (via blueprints) prepare 500+ iPads via AC2 to enrol them up to DEP/ASM. I assume the auto assign works when a resellers assigns them to my ASM organisation. Yes, when ordering just pass the company your enrollment number and you add their number into ASM. They just appear like magic then. They should also be able to do this retrospectively for you as well if you're lucky.
Planehazza Posted May 25, 2023 Author Posted May 25, 2023 Yes, when ordering just pass the company your enrollment number and you add their number into ASM. They just appear like magic then. They should also be able to do this retrospectively for you as well if you're lucky. Yup, Jigsaw24 have done this for me in the past. Alas, we took over from the local authority last year and we were given absolutely zero information on where they were purchased. I could have tried the obvious people and fed them a couple of sample serials, but they all needed wiping and resupervising anyway, so adding the DEP enrolment to the blueprint was just one extra step
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now