talksr Posted April 12, 2023 Posted April 12, 2023 Hi there, We are in the process of starting to move to Intune for Education. I am still in the early testing stages but I am finding if I take a fresh Windows 10 station, log in using an Azure account, it adds the system to Devices in the InTune dashboard. I am then able to put the device in a Group of choice. I wanted to see if the system was capable of taking Windows 11, so I installed PC Health Check, but it says the following: I am signed in as the InTune Administrator on the device in question. I enabled the local admin account and tried again, same thing. If I look at the Windows Device Settings and in particular the Updates & Upgrade section for the group this device is in, this is what I can see (all unconfigured) What could be the cause of this?
DalekSec Posted April 12, 2023 Posted April 12, 2023 Do you have any Update Rings or Feature Updates set? Devices > Manage Devices > Win 10 and later updates 1
talksr Posted April 12, 2023 Author Posted April 12, 2023 Do you have any Update Rings or Feature Updates set? Devices > Manage Devices > Win 10 and later updates Thank you for the prompt reply. I have never set these, if I browse to this area, this is what I have: It is just a case of me creating some profiles in these areas and then applying them to my groups?
DalekSec Posted April 12, 2023 Posted April 12, 2023 It is just a case of me creating some profiles in these areas and then applying them to my groups? Pretty much yeah, I have a feature update policy set to make W11 available to any Autopilot PC as soon as possible, along with the various update ring settings. 1
talksr Posted April 12, 2023 Author Posted April 12, 2023 Pretty much yeah, I have a feature update policy set to make W11 available to any Autopilot PC as soon as possible, along with the various update ring settings. Thanks very much, I made one and almost immediately, the system found a Windows 11 upgrade installer and it was downloading and installing it when I left. I will have a look in the morning and see if it completed. I am still quite new to this so wasn't aware you had to set these up, but it makes sense. I am used to using WSUS on local networks. Thanks again 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now