Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Windows 10 system on Azure Unable to Update to Windows 11


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi there,

We are in the process of starting to move to Intune for Education.

I am still in the early testing stages but I am finding if I take a fresh Windows 10 station, log in using an Azure account, it adds the system to Devices in the InTune dashboard. I am then able to put the device in a Group of choice.

 

I wanted to see if the system was capable of taking Windows 11, so I installed PC Health Check, but it says the following:

PCHealthCheck.jpg

 

I am signed in as the InTune Administrator on the device in question.

I enabled the local admin account and tried again, same thing.

If I look at the Windows Device Settings and in particular the Updates & Upgrade section for the group this device is in, this is what I can see (all unconfigured)

UpdateConf.jpg

What could be the cause of this? :eek:

Posted
Do you have any Update Rings or Feature Updates set?

 

Devices > Manage Devices > Win 10 and later updates

 

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have never set these, if I browse to this area, this is what I have:

 

UpdateRingsW10.jpg

 

FeatureUpdates.jpg

 

It is just a case of me creating some profiles in these areas and then applying them to my groups?

Posted
It is just a case of me creating some profiles in these areas and then applying them to my groups?

 

Pretty much yeah,

I have a feature update policy set to make W11 available to any Autopilot PC as soon as possible, along with the various update ring settings.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
Pretty much yeah,

I have a feature update policy set to make W11 available to any Autopilot PC as soon as possible, along with the various update ring settings.

 

Thanks very much, I made one and almost immediately, the system found a Windows 11 upgrade installer and it was downloading and installing it when I left. I will have a look in the morning and see if it completed. I am still quite new to this so wasn't aware you had to set these up, but it makes sense. I am used to using WSUS on local networks.

 

Thanks again :D

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...