Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Thought I'd make a note of this as it caught me out...

 

SP1 can be deployed from the GPO by extracting it in the Updates folder BUT the trick is to extract it properly.

 

How not to do it...

Use 7zip to extract the files...

 

How to do it...

use the command line and /extract to get the files out as MSP's

 

 

Needless to say I didn't think about the latter until I'd deployed 20 machines having used 7zip... :doh::o

Posted
What happened when you used 7zip?

 

It just extracted a bunch of files with no extensions along with a few other bits... basically useless... No error though.

 

Now i'm finding that it may not be possible to deploy SP1 with the GPO install anyway!

Posted

Now i'm finding that it may not be possible to deploy SP1 with the GPO install anyway!

 

I never got it to, that was one of the issues that I was having when I was deploying it previously.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...