Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Evening everyone.

 

I am wondering if anyone uses Office 365 Lists/Power Automate/Power Apps tools to try and automate the process of student onboarding? As the very last user in the process to receive data, I need every box ticked, and for consistency... that was the bus the admissions team missed, so I have wildly varying "data packs" for new joiners. This makes timetabling etc, very difficult before the start date. Therefore, I was thinking about having a streamlined process on SharePoint that would trigger the right people, in sequence, to provide data... even better still, automatically emailing new families with options selection forms, which would remove a job from the admin team. The process I am thinking of is:

 

1. Agree to sign up to school

2. Admissions create entry in List/SharePoint, triggering email to finance.

3. Pay fee, then Finance update that list with the student ID.

4. Student ID triggers IT to create O365 account (I know this can be automated, but one step...), also triggers email to certain staff for certain info e.g. form, academic house

5. Options form emailed to parent(s) with language options and choices e.g. history or geography (probably via a Microsoft Form).

6. When complete, data updated to Microsoft List or SharePoint site to make retrieval easy, and from a single place.

 

Obviously, every schools different, but I wondered if anyone had any joy with this? I was thinking of using the Microsoft Lists 'Employee Onboarding" list as a start?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...