Smellbow Posted September 13, 2022 Posted September 13, 2022 Hello all, Does any one know a method to change the main owner account of a MS Office Form? I have a user soon to depart that turns out is the sole owner of a form hooked up to a power automate flow that acts upon responses. Id like to change the form owner to a group (as it really should have been) rather than this sole user, the usual "move" option appears to do nothing as the user, just nothing happens. As a co-owner I cannot move the form using this method, doing so produces a helpful "unexpected error" popup. Once the form ownership is corrected I will then change all the flow connector accounts to be some service accounts as these are also set to this soon to leave user at present... Before I contact MS or go down some google rabbit hole I thought Id ask in here Thanks!
georgeescott Posted September 13, 2022 Posted September 13, 2022 Weird that the normal ‘Move’ isn’t working. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/move-your-form-to-a-group-921a6361-a4e5-44ea-bce9-c4ed63aa54b4. I’d log a feedback ticket with Microsoft to get them to check why it’s failing. Worth looking in Dev Tools at the network and console tabs to see if there’s any detailed info behind that error. You can also do it if they’ve already left, not sure if this will work with a current user?: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-forms/admin-information#form-ownership-transfer.
Smellbow Posted September 13, 2022 Author Posted September 13, 2022 I did try that url with the current user but it 404s bleh. I guess ill go pester MS, worst case I was thinking ill just duplicate the form, move the copy to a group then adjust the flow to point to the copy. Faffy things
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now