Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Appling SharePoint inheritance to multiple items [PowerShell]


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi, (Originally posted in Cloud Services, but thought it may be better here as I'm trying to rectify the issue by using PowerShell)

 

I have an issue where when I migrated data from our file server into SharePoint it didnt copy the permissions across correctly.

 

I have now been asked to remove all permissions from the folders/files and give all users of a particular team read/write access. So i thought the best way of doing this was apply the permissions at the room and have all subfolders/files inherit these permissions..I've followed this https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/sharepoint-how-to-reset-inheritance-permission-set-into-an-sp/m-p/1780387

 

However it doesn't finish.. It starts searching items and once all items are found it does nothing. Just displays the total number of items.

 

How do i do this? Am i in the right place with the above link or is there another way of doing this?

Edited by Tom_P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...