garethEds Posted November 4, 2021 Posted November 4, 2021 Morning All, So many thoughts floating around at the moment - so apologies for questions in various threads. Here is the latest one. I have been given 11 servers by Fords. HP 380G8 devices. Pretty good too. I've made a super server and have setup a Hydration Kit network for playing around on. The server is connected to the network but the Hydration network is on it's own internal virtual switch - so cannot see the network and doesn't kick conflict. For those interested, it's this one: Hydration Kit For Windows Server 2019, SQL Server 2017 and ConfigMgr Current Branch - Deployment Research I plan on using it for my own research and also to teach some of our non-academic kids (but who are quite technical). It runs DHCP, DNS, SCCM, MDT and a Fileserver. Do you know of any way I can get it to see the internet using NAT but not conflict on the network? It can be done - but I'm not sure how to do it. There were instructions on the website, but they don't seem to work for me. Any advice appreciated. Thanks Gareth
Cw2k Posted November 4, 2021 Posted November 4, 2021 (edited) Microsoft also do their own version which has the ability to integrate into Office 365: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise/modern-desktop-deployment-and-management-lab?view=o365-worldwide Ran the deployment research lab a number of years ago and it didn’t disrupt the network when allowed internet access. Edited November 4, 2021 by Cw2k
mavhc Posted November 4, 2021 Posted November 4, 2021 I'd set up a vm as a router Standard LAN: 10.x Standard Router: 10.0.0.1 Training LAN: 192.168.x Training Router: 192.168.0.1 and 10.1.2.3 Settings on standard LAN to only allow 10.1.2.3 to talk to 10.0.0.1 Now nothing can get in, and only way out is via the Router. Or connect Training LAN directly to the Router/Firewall if it has multiple LAN side ports, and configure the restrictions there What doesn't work about the instructions?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now